Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Skinny by: Laura L. Smith

I really enjoyed reading Skinny by: Laura L. Smith. I wasn’t sure that I would because of the topic but I ended up enjoying myself and it turned out to be a fast read. To many teens these days think they are overweight because of women they see in magazines. I liked how Melissa’s character was portrayed and how the plot was laid out. The characters were very well developed. It kept me entertained from page one. I liked how the ending didn’t just stop abruptly like a lot of books tend to do, and I would definitely recommend this book to a friend. I was delighted to see that she went to her best friend for help and that her family didn’t judge her for what she had done to herself. High school and peer pressure can be extremely tough so I understand how Melissa might have thought of herself as overweight. I have a friend who used to have an eating disorder and her symptoms were a lot like what the book described so I’m really happy that Melissa saw the error of her ways and that what she was doing was harming her body, not helping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment